Ophthalmology and Contactology
Our most important and most used sensory organs are the eyes, the „light of my eye“ is the fact that we can see, and the quality of our visual perception is crucial in the visual world we live in.
Multiple diseases and abnormalities concern the eyes and that is why we have to protect and spare it in all the ways we can. In case of serious problems that affect your sight, a visit to the doctor should be your next step to avoid further dangers.
There are some diseases in the body that can be diagnosed earlier due to symptoms in the eyes, the severeness and status of the infections can be examined by scanning the eyeground with a device.
When should you turn to your Ophthalmologist?
- If you experience one or more of the following:
- Deterioration of sight, dimness in sight, sensitiveness to light
- Inflamed eyes
- Injured eyes
- Eyes that burn, itch, are watery or swollen
- Dry eyes
- You work many hours on the computer
- You do not have any symptoms, but the doctor (internal medicine specialist, neurologist etc.) wants an opinion of the status of your eyeground
In case of eye abnormalities that have been diagnosed earlier:
- Stye, pinkeye
- Nearsightedness, farsightedness
At the ophthalmology consultation:
- Complete eye examination
- Eye surgeries
- Eyesight correction:
- Prescription of glasses
- Fitting of contact lenses
- Eye screening