Intense Pulse Light flash
- Permanent result
The smooth, hairless skin belongs to the aesthetic, well-groomed exterior for the achievement of which not just the women but also the men are striving. The hair removal is one of the oldest cosmetic procedures.
Women try to get rid of the undesirable hair on the leg, armpit, and bikini line while men try to do so on the area of the chest and abdomen.
There are several methods for this for example nippers, wax, but these are painful procedures, their effect last pretty short time and can entail numerous unpleasant skin problems (reddening, irritation, allergy).
The hair removal
The powerful photo energy of the IPL (intense Pulse Light) machine absorbs in the pigment content of the hair and hair follicles and transforms into thermo energy in the deeper layers of the skin. Hair follicles in the growing period fell out in the 7 – 14 days after the treatment due to the thermo energy as the matrix cells (where the hair is producing) of the hair follicles have irreversible damage without the damage of the surrounding tissues.
Since the pulse light has effect just on the hair in the growing period and a part of the hair follicles are in a temporary or dormant state so the treatments have to be repeated more times. We usually recommend 5 – 8 treatments with intervals of 4 –6 weeks considering the individual dispositions.
The treatment is really efficient when the color of the hair is darker than the color of the skin and who have dark hair (in case of light and gray hair there is not enough light absorbs for the fraction).
Before the IPL treatment
- Bring with you the patient guide to the medicines you take to the first consultation
- We perform a skin test before the 1. treatment to set the suitable treatmental features to your skin type
- Avoid sunbathing and solarium for 2 weeks before the treatment at least, do not use self-tanning cream and wax
- Your skin be free of all cosmetics and creams before the treatment
- Shave the area to be treated 2 – 3 days before the treatment since the 1 – 2 mm hair length is the ideal for the hair removal
After the IPL treatment
Mild skin blush may occur on the treated area that disappears within few hours or few days at last. Peeling, which is similar to the feeling after the sunbathing, may occur in case of the patients’ small percentage
- Avoid sunbathing, solarium and using self-tanning creams for 1 week after the treatment. And during the following period use high, at least factor 30 sun screen.
- Do not use whitening or perfumed cream, perfume for 24 – 48 hours.
- Avoid the rough treatment (rubbing, thigh clothing) of the treated area.
- Do not use hot bath, steam bath, sauna for 48 hours.
- Avoid chlorine and swimming pool for 24 hours at least.
- Do not use skin peeling, skin exfoliation for a week.
- Do not epilate on the treated area (with wax, nippers, chemical) for 2 weeks or till the next treatment! The only allowed epilating procedure is the shaving.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry.